Why is History important at Bredbury St Marks?
- At Bredbury St Marks, we are excited and proud to offer our children a tailored curriculum that allows to stimulate children’s interest and understanding about the life of people who lived in the past.
- We aim for children to develop a sense of identity and a cultural understanding based on their historical heritage.
- We teach children to understand how events in the past have influenced our lives today.
- We also teach the children to investigate these past events and, by so doing, develop the skills of enquiry, analysis, interpretation and problem solving.
- We want history to provide the context for our children to understand the world in which they live.
- Through history, our children develop a sense of continuity and change and they learn to appreciate difference and similarity. Our key themes include such as rulers enable children to make direct comparisons between different periods of history.
- History also develops a value system and links to British Values.