Our Vision – St Mark’s – a caring place to learn, play and grow
What is our Core Purpose?
St. Mark’s Church of England Primary School is a happy and vibrant community with Christian values at its centre. We are committed to nurture and celebrate the varied talents of all our children and to enable them to achieve the best possible progress, whilst preparing them for life and the challenges they will meet.
How will we achieve it?
- Have the highest expectations of all our children, particularly with regard to behaviour – expect the best; learning without limits
- Ensure our teaching is of the highest quality with no lost learning time
- Involve every parent in the education of their child
- Expect our children never to give up (resilience)
- Teach our children to reflect on their learning and behaviour (reflectiveness)
- Expect our children to take responsibility for their own learning and behaviour (responsibility)
- Teach our children strategies to support them when they are stuck with their learning (resourcefulness)
- Expect our children to be ready for learning and take action to remove any barrier to their learning (responsiveness)
- Expect respect; value everyone as an individual
- Deliver a curriculum that develops our children socially, morally, emotionally and spiritually (relationships)
- Ensure each child leaves St. Mark’s as a self-confident, well motivated child with a high self esteem , a love of learning and proud of their achievements
- We will work as a family to deliver this vision