Our main teaching aims of History at St Mark's are to:
- Develop an understanding of chronology.
- Teach how significant individuals have influenced Britain and how Britain is influenced by other countries.
- Develop an understanding of ancient civilizations and know how they contributed and made errors which affect our everyday life.
- Gain some historical perspective by using their own knowledge in a variety of context.
- Have an understanding of historical enquiry including using evidence to make interpretations and contrasting arguments.
- Show an understanding of change and continuity, similarities and difference, cause and consequences.
We teach history across a 2 year rolling programme in KS1 and a 4 year rolling programme in KS2.
Files to Download
Foundation Subject Long Term Plan - History KS1 Foundation Subject Long Term Plan - History KS2 History Key Skills Sept 2014